Thursday, May 6, 2010

The situation with daycare


So, Collin's first daycare bit the dust this week! Many issues arose, but the last one pushed us over the edge. I never felt like they spent enough time with him, like they just "watched" him instead of developing him. He's there 8 to 9 hours a day, they need to do something with him other than just feed & change him and put him to sleep. The main woman in the nursery doesn't speak english, the one word she knows is "good" and she responds to everything with "good"! Everytime I went in there they had a pacifier in his mouth that wasn't his, I talked to them about it several times and got nowhere (probably b/c she doesn't speak English).
The first week they were filling out a sheet with all the feedings, diaper changes, and sleeping. From the sheet I could see that they were letting him sleep all day so I asked them to keep him up a little more while he was there, so they stopped filling out the sleeping portion of the sheet. So Monday Dan went in and asked them to start keeping track of it again like we were promised when we enrolled. She argued with him and told him that they were doing it, basically called him a liar. So I go to pick him up that night and sure enough, no sleep on the sheet. So I found several other sheets just like it in my car and the next morning Dan took them all in (including the one from the previous day). He told her again to fill out the sleeping part of the sheet or it would be a problem. I go in that afternoon to pick him up, they didn't fill out a sheet at all. Like didn't even put his name on one! It was so petty and spiteful that it made me scared for him. If they can do something like that to us just because we asked them to do what they promised us what are they willing to do to my son when I'm not there? It went from feeling like he was being ignored to feeling like he was in danger. I went straight from there to another daycare that my friend knows the director well and signed him up! He started there the very next morning.
So the next day Dan went to the old daycare to get all of Collin's stuff, they still didn't know that we had switched. Dan went in and told the owner that he had been dealing with the whole time that we needed his stuff and told her why. She acted dumbfounded, really? You thought I'd just sit around and wait for you to hurt my son out of some petty revenge over a sheet? She then tried to tell him that they had just ran out of paper for the printer that day, funny because they other kids all had sheets, just not Collin. Then she tried telling him that she was keeping track of it on something else, yet she couldn't find it anywhere.
So far I really enjoy the new daycare and I think Collin does too. He seemed very content when I picked him up yesterday after his first day there. And they just seem more organized and open with information. They were sure to tell me that I could come in at any time and check on him, made me feel like they have nothing to hide. And my friend has been taking her little girl there for quite a while now and loves it so that makes me feel good also. As soon as I had him enrolled there I took a huge sigh of relief! NO ONE MESSES WITH MY BABY!!

Collin also attended his very first golf tournament Saturday! Him and his daddy wore almost matching golf outfits. Unfortunately it was cool and very windy so we didn't stay long. We were supposed to take him to his first baseball game this weekend but again it's going to be cold and windy so we aren't going.

And next week his grandma Maggie comes to see him! She's going to be amazed at everything that he does now, she hasn't seen him since he was less than a week old!

Oh, and Miss Britt, I figured out pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment