Thursday, April 29, 2010

A day of firsts

This morning Collin had his very first soundful laugh! He started smiling and all the sudden a sound came out! I think it surprised us both because he just stopped and looked at me like "was this a good thing?" Then he did it again! He hasn't done it since that I know of though. But he did that with his first smiles too, it took him a while to replicate his new talent!

The rest of the morning did not go as well. He was fussy most of the morning, then we went to the doctor for his first shots! Technically he had one in the hospital but I wasn't there and I didn't see and I didn't hear it so it don't count! I laid him on the table and held his arms and kissed his head as the nurse gave him three shots in his legs. He screamed horribly while he was getting the shots, but as soon as they were done he just stopped and kinda gave her a nasty look. Then he was over it. Such a sweet boy! They also had to give him a liquid vaccine orally. The nurse said most of the babies cry and spit and sputter, but not my little Collin! He sucked it right down and smacked his lips for more!

I had to work late last night and I'm missing him so much, 4 more minutes and I can go home to see my baby! I love him more than anything!!

2 comments:

  1. New reader, just found your blog. Isn't hearing that first laugh just the best?! That's a sound that can melt you heart for sure! Happy Friday and weekend with Collin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know I had a comment until just now! I thought it would notify me, so sorry it took me so long to reply! Yes, the laugh is amazing, and the look he gives me when he knows he made me laugh is even better! It's just like "yeah, I thought you would like that!"

    ReplyDelete